Popular Posts

A JOURNEY TOWARDS THE MAKING OF A PHARMACIST

By Zainab M. Patel
It all started when our Form 4 results got out and my dad wanted me to do A-levels. I didn’t quite have a plan so I went along with it. During the 2 years of my A-levels, the most common question I
was asked was, “What next?”, and because my father has always aspired me to
become one, I humbly replied, “Pharmacy”. A very weird and similar reaction which I got from almost everyone was, “Are you sure? I’ve heard it’s really tough.” This used to scare
me and I started having my doubts. 
Either way I applied and that lucky day
came when the names for the people who were chosen for MUHAS came out. My name
was there and I was ecstatic but at the same time worried if I’ll actually be
able to do this. We started our first semester with enthusiasm and saw that
it’s actually going with the flow. Yes, there were ten times more exams than we
used to do in our O-levels and A-levels but we saw that with hard work, we
could easily tackle them.

 First semester went on with anatomy, biochemistry
until the 2nd semester showed up. Much more things to do, starting
to realize what the people were warning me of. But with all the pressure,
sleepless nights, gallons of coffee, we made it through the 1st year
of our 4-year course. As pressure creates diamonds and fire refines gold, we
were polished and strong enough to dive into what the 2nd year was
holding for us. 

2nd year got even harder. Endless assignments, presentations, continuous assessments, end of modules. All of them are just pouring in. At some point you feel it’s impossible but well a
smooth sea never made a skilful sailor, and a sailor always tries to save his
ship from sinking as do we. With attending lectures, discussions, symposiums,
self-studying, we’re just trying to save our ship from sinking.

 As I’m doing this course, I’m starting to actually gain the actual knowledge of what and who a Pharmacist is. He/she is not just someone who sits behind a window to dispense drugs. They’re the people who know the answers to the “Why’s” to every question related to drugs.
Pharmacists are multi-talented professionals with lots and lots of knowledge
about every drug, reactions, interactions etc etc. They’re the drug experts.
Pharmacy is a dynamic, information-driven, patient-oriented profession. All we
care about is your health.
Lastly, I would say that Pharmacy is a
storm, but not all storms come to disrupt your life, some just come to clear
your path. I can proudly say that with this career I can see a clear successful
path which will help me achieve my dreams. Difficult roads often lead to
beautiful destinations.
                                                                                                                                                 




Zainab M. Patel,
BPharm2.-MUHAS
zainabp2796@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment